“Devaten” takes your privacy seriously and therefore does everything to protect it as well as possible. This applies to both the professionals affiliated with us and our users. In this privacy statement you can read what we do with your data, and especially what does not.
In this privacy statement, we will explain why and for what purposes we collect and process personal data that you provide to us for the use of our services.
We always comply with the Personal Data Protection Act. That means that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data, and whether or not permission is required;
- to continually limit our collection of personal data to only those personal data that are necessary for legitimate purposes, for example to make the use of our site easier for you;
- first ask for explicit permission to use your personal data when the law requires permission;
- clearly state when we use your personal data if no permission is required by law;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data; we also require parties that process personal data in our order;
- respect your right to view, correct or delete your personal data on request. How do we collect personal data? We can collect personal data in two ways:
- You can actively provide our personal data, for example in an e-mail or via a web form;
- You can passively provide us with certain personal data, ie by visiting our website. For example, your IP address is automatically stored in the log files of our web server.
Collection of personal information
We collect information, including personal information, directly from you, automatically when you use our website and our Products, and, where permitted by law, through third party sources.
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Request a product trial and related downloads or additional information;
- Make a purchase;
- Complete an online registration form, request information or support, subscribe to our newsletters;
- Submit an inquiry or comments, including inquiries via this website, email, direct mail, phone, fax, or on one of our social networking pages;
- Submit a request for Product support;
- Otherwise contact us or use our website or Products.
Use of personal information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Products to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Products, to respond to your support needs and inquiries, and for other customer services purposes.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. In accordance with applicable law, devaten will use personal information, such as name, title, company, and email or other address, to communicate special promotions, events and announcements, including through email.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the website.
- To better understand how users access and use our website and our Products, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our website and our Products, measure performance and activities on our website, to improve the website’s design and functionality, and for other research and analytical purposes, including research surveys.
- To protect our rights and interests and the rights and interest of other visitors to this website, our employees, customers, or any other person or entity.
- For research and analytical purposes, including to assist us in evaluating and improving our products and offerings.d